Outside our window today there is snow, wind, cold, snow, and more snow! So what better topic to write about than…
Today, let’s put PENguin to paper with the help of another stunning photograph from Eva Ho:
- Note in your Writer’s Notebook what you see in the photo. Instead of colors, pay attention to the light in the photo and the shadows in the photo. See where your pen and your imagination takes you from there.
Other Writing Ideas:
- There are so many penguins in this photo. Tell a story about the two penguins at the center of the photo. Where are they heading? Where have they been?
- Choose another penguin in the photo and tell her or his story.
- What if these penguins were somewhere else — On ice? On the beach? In the snow? On the moon? In your backyard? Tell that story.
- For our smallest Inksters (and our oldest ones, too!): Print out this photo and spend some quiet time coloring it. Be sure to name the penguins!
Wherever you are, spend at least part of the day writing! Remember to share your creations here at Inktopia Kids!
Visit http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/ and search “penguins” to learn about all kinds of different species of penguins!