Today’s thINK thursday is all about Halloween and all that sweet candy our kids will collect as they go Trick or Treating. While I enjoy so much how creative my little Inksters are in their choice of costume, and how excited they are by Halloween parades and the chance to knock on their neighbors’ doors for treats, I dread thinking about the amount of sugar entering the house at the end of it all.
But, what if we take all that candy and turn it into sweet stories and poems? Here are some prompts:
- Ask your Inkster to choose a piece of candy from their bags and tell the story of the evening from the candy’s point of view.
- What if all the candy went on strike before Halloween?
- Use your senses — seeing, hearing, tasting, touching, and smelling — to write a special poem about your favorite kind of Halloween candy.
- What is it like for that Snickers to meet a Starburst?
- Write this story and draw an illustration: The Candy that Wanted a Different Wrapper.
- Or this story: The Candy that Became a Rapper
Remember to post your Inksters’ creations here and share some of your costume choices, too! Don’t forget to feed your own creative sweet tooth on these prompts, too!
Happy Writing! Happy Halloween!